Tuesday 12 April 2016

Allergic to Eye Make-Up?

Posted By: Doctor Who GEEK - 02:30:00

Share

& Comment

So over Easter I have had continuous trips to the Opticians as apparently I have got 'dry eyes'. They put it down to long hours on the laptop where I don't blink hence why I get dry eyes. I have been taking 6 lots of drops each day for 3 weeks to try to resolve the issue (I never knew I would be able to do this! Literally so proud of myself). However, since my latest visit they told me I may be allergic to my eye make-up, this was bad news as I am such a lover of trying out eyeshadows and new looks. So this is what I have been trying out.....


So my first regime is to take 1 Aqua drop in the morning followed by a few minutes later with 1 drop of the Systane drops. I also do a warm compress by placing warm cotton pads over my eyes which is meant to stimulate your tears. Throughout the day I have to do two more Systane drops which will see me through until the evening. This is where I repeat what I do in the morning but in reverse order. I do another Systane drop followed by an Aqua drop. Lastly, another warm compress. This is what I have been doing for 3 weeks and will eventually drop down by one drop each week until I do not need them! Obviously I would not do this without my opticians say-so but for me this has been working wonders. 

So since knowing I may have allergic eyes I googled all about allergies and what I could do. The first thing was to not wear make-up for a week to let your eyes settle. I also read somewhere that Vitamin-e is an amazing oil that repairs damaged skin. So I thought I would invest in some Vitamin-e containing products. I came across these cheap products from Superdrug's own brand at £2.99 each. I first bought the eye cream to try to repair my eyes, I've only been using it for a few days so we shall see if it works but it is meant to work with the wrinkles ;) However, I do absolutely love this other product I've picked up - Moisturising Day Cream with SPF 15. It is SO moisturising!! Literally moisturises for hours so I really recommend this if you have dry skin like myself. 

My next venture is to try to find products that I'm not allergic to. I need to trial and error my make-up to see what irritates my eyes and then buy allergy-tested versions. So I googled allergy-tested make-up brands and found out that Clinique is one of them. I went to ask about their products and about their mascara's in particular as I feel this is an essential. I picked up the 'High impact mascara' which is quite expensive at £17.50 (which was actually their cheapest) but it is surprisingly good! I thought I was allergic at first but since trying it more times I'm thankfully not. I have taken photos of the mascara against my all time favourite mascara - Lash Sensational. I must say that I think I secretly prefer Clinique's! It just looks so natural and doesn't clump but gives you the colour that you need. I would recommend this mascara for sure!


 So photo on the left shows my left eye without mascara and my right eye with Cliniques. Whereas the right photo is of my comparison. The left eye has Lash Sensational and the right eye is Clinique. 












I really do hope that I sort this allergy out soon. It's annoying though as I would never have known that I was allergic to something without going to the opticians. I don't show signs of symptoms such as puffiness or itching but from time to time I do get red eye but I just put that down to tiredness. I have also been advised to take regular breaks from the laptop (which I am certainly not doing now) and to wear my new Boss Orange glasses when I need to. 
Do you or anyone you know have eye allergies? If so, any tips?
Love Em
xxx

About Doctor Who GEEK

Organic Theme. We published High quality Blogger Templates with Awesome Design for blogspot lovers.The very first Blogger Templates Company where you will find Responsive Design Templates.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Travels of a Doctor Who GEEK!

Designed by Templatezy