Saturday 7 November 2015

Conventions Part 1

Posted By: Doctor Who GEEK - 02:30:00

Share

& Comment

Many of you by now know that I visit a lot of Conventions! Conventions have been around a long time and are very big America. I have been going to the London ones since 2011. I have seen them grow to the crowded places that they are now and it seems a regular occurrence for me now. As this post goes up, I should be at the Winter Brighton Film and Comic Con where I will be meeting only a few people. So why don't we take a look back on some of the memorable people that I have met over the years... (Part 1)


Entertainment Media Show 2011


So this was my very first convention, back in the day when I only went one day and only had 2 photoshoots. My two photoshoots were with Eve Myles and Georgia Moffett. Sadly I missed David Tennant at this one but I did get to meet a whole lot of random like; Shirley Henderson, Frances Barber, Rusty Goffe, Ian Mcneice and Miranda Raison. But only just as I get into Game of Thrones did I notice that my friend has taken a photo of Maisie Williams!

Memorabilia 2011

Looking back at this, I even forgot I went! This is the only convention I have been to at Excel London. Even though I did not have any proper photoshoots I had my photo with Andrew Hayden-Smith, Warwick Davis and saw Danny Dyer, Freema and the cast of Torchwood. 


Cardiff Doctor Who Convention March 2012


So this event was out of the ordinary, where I actually had to travel to Cardiff in order to meet and see some Doctor Who guests. Professionally I got photoshoots with Arthur Darvill and Karen Gillan. I also saw Steven Moffatt and Matt Smith which was fab. A very enjoyable convention!

LFCC July 2012


This was my first official LFCC convention where I had photos with Bernard Cribbins, Freema and John Simm. I also met the likes of Iain Glen and Anthony Head. 

Entertainment Media Show 2012 


This convention was mainly to meet this fella called Matt Smith. He was so lovely and he read my shirt which said "Trust me I am the Doctor". This was my first whole weekend convention, on the Sunday I met Craig Charles for a picture in the middle of the convention.

Collectormania 2013 Milton Keynes

This was my first Milton Keynes convention and the first time bringing my dad to one of them. I mainly went to meet the lovely Jenna Coleman who I gave some shoes to. She absolutely loved them. I also met John Rhys Davies and the legend that is Dave Legeno, RIP you lovely man. 


I feel that this convention was the start of a change in my convention life. I met up with the wonderful guy that is Darren on Twitter @djdarrenjones. This was also the first time you could say that I dressed up, I made this TARDIS skirt specially for this event and people loved it!



Hope you enjoyed this change of blog. These events mean so much to me and it was nice to reminisce over how I got started in conventions!

Have a lovely weekend 
Em 
xx

About Doctor Who GEEK

Organic Theme. We published High quality Blogger Templates with Awesome Design for blogspot lovers.The very first Blogger Templates Company where you will find Responsive Design Templates.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Travels of a Doctor Who GEEK!

Designed by Templatezy