Friday 23 October 2015

The Girl Who Died Review

Posted By: Doctor Who GEEK - 02:30:00

Share

& Comment

I have definitely been waiting for this episode ever since the arrival of the news that Maisie Williams was going to be in Doctor Who. As a big Game of Thrones fan, Maisie, playing the part of Arya, is a very good up and coming actress. When I found out that she would be doing more than one episode I was over the moon! I am looking forward to seeing how Maisie's character Ashidlr develops. Here's my review...



First of all the sunglasses are broken "HURRAH!!". For me the sonic glasses were going nowhere. I love the classic sonic because no-one knows what it is, whereas the sunglasses are a human made object. What I love about the Doctor is what he has in his pockets. What I remember from the tenth doctor is his wind up mouse and remote control. This episode had the yo-yo.  The Doctor whacks out his yo-yo to try and scare the village, yet it does not work. 


The Mire remind me of the Aliens from the Sherwood with the strip panel on their helmets. When they take off their helmets though its a whole different story. I don't know where some people think up these aliens! 



Finally Capaldi's Doctor has become soft - "I am not a hugger". I wasn't liking the stern non-emotional Doctor portrayed in Series 8, which is probably one reason why I am loving this series so far. Talking baby though? I wasn't overly keen that Matt Smith's Doctor could talk to babies but was it really needed in this episode? One funny part was when the Doctor nicknamed the fighting crew "Lofty, Daphne, Chuckles".. surely these names were for a reason??

I loved the whole fight scene part as this is what the episode was building up to. The part where Clara got one of the vikings to record it was funny, but what happened to introducing  early history to technology? I thought it wasn't meant to be a bad idea? This episode title also seemed to give it away what was going to happen. The next episode is called the Women who lived so you know whoever died in this episode was going to come back in the next episode. This episode also discussed the whole "leaving Clara" thing again. Which could show how she leaves in the end of this series. 


Now if people know me, then you would know that David Tennant is my favourite Doctor of all time. The flashback brought out my inner fangirl but the whole "I chose this face to remind me to help people" was quite lame. I thought the Doctor's aren't really meant to remember absolutely everything in their past seeing as though he's been through an incarnation since then. 
I'm interested in seeing how the whole immortality thing will play out. I like that the Doctor gave her another alien tech so that she wouldn't be lonely, so cute. 
Does the name Ashildr mean anything? At lot of people think that it is an anagram for something. What are your thoughts? 



Overall, it was an ok episode but I am looking forward to the next one as Rufus Hound is meant to starring.

  Thanks for reading.

Em
xxx


About Doctor Who GEEK

Organic Theme. We published High quality Blogger Templates with Awesome Design for blogspot lovers.The very first Blogger Templates Company where you will find Responsive Design Templates.

3 comments:

  1. Have you seen the next one yet? It's goooood! And you learn more about Ashildr. It's exciting.

    I also agree with you, that this series is so much better than the last one, because the doctor got adorable again and that bit left-over sass is the best thing ever. I'm starting to love him (whilst I wasn't sure about him during the last series and was constantly wishing for Matt to come back).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess!! I will be doing a review on it once I've watched it again. I know I love Matt so much! I seem to like the Doctor's when they are younger but you can't deny that Peter has brought something new to the show xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Travels of a Doctor Who GEEK!

Designed by Templatezy