Wednesday 28 October 2015

Pizza making!

Posted By: Doctor Who GEEK - 02:30:00

Share

& Comment

As of this week I am trying the whole 'healthy eating' thing. After my Zumba class on a Monday, I need something quick to put in the oven as I come home about 9. Normally I have pizza so I thought I would make my own one! I decided to make a prawn pizza with mixed leaf as I had this once in a restaurant and it was to die for. So I thought it would be nice to show you how I made it....



Normally I would make my own dough but as I didn't have enough time I bought a base mix from Asda for £1 (this kit makes two pizza bases). The other ingredients needed are; Olive Oil, Warm water, Flour, Tomato Puree, Grated Cheese and your favourite topping (mine was Prawns and Mixed Leaves).
(Preheat oven to 220c)
1. Firstly pour one sachet of mix into a mixing bowl.
2. Pour 100ml of warm water into the mix and stir with a fork until it forms a dough shape.
3. Place the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.


4. Roll out the dough into a circular shape of 20 cm. (If you don't have a rolling pin improvise like I did and use a roll of tin foil #studentlife. 
5. On a greaseproof and floured baking tray place the pizza base. Roll the edges of the pizza to make a crust (this will not look like a crust until it is baked so don't worry!).
6. Using the Olive oil, oil a piece of clingfilm and place over the pizza base. Place the baking tray in a warm place to rise for 10 minutes. (10 mins for a thick crust, little less for a thinner crust). 
7. Once it has risen (it does not look any different, don't worry), spread your tomato puree over the pizza. For me I used the tomato puree in a squeezy tube which was 49p from Asda. 


8. Now scatter grated cheese over the pizza base.
9. Place your favourite toppings over the cheese, then put even more cheese over the toppings!

Once you are finished bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy round the edges.

And this is what I came out with - garnished with mixed leaves.


Now this recipe can be adapted in any way to suit your needs. Let me know your favourite toppings in the comments below!

Bon Appetite! 

Em
xxxx


About Doctor Who GEEK

Organic Theme. We published High quality Blogger Templates with Awesome Design for blogspot lovers.The very first Blogger Templates Company where you will find Responsive Design Templates.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Travels of a Doctor Who GEEK!

Designed by Templatezy