Tuesday 23 February 2016

The Braided Life

Posted By: Doctor Who GEEK - 02:30:00

Share

& Comment

I am always one for trying out new hairstyles as I get bored easily! If I haven't watched tutorials on YouTube then I am randomly plaiting parts of my hair. Also as a constant on the goer in the gym, I like having new ways to get my hair out of my face whilst looking averagely nice! Here are a few braids that I like using.....


 

One classic braid is the French braid but I like to do this with a twist - the Dutch braid. The way to do a dutch braid is by plaiting under the hair instead of normal plaiting over. By doing a dutch braid you get a more distinct braid. I absolutely love doing this hairstyle for when my hair is more than a day old, my different blonde streaks look so good with this style. 

By using this braid style you can develop into two plaits. Kim K pulls off this look brilliantly! I think gather both parts of the plaits and make a bun at the base of the head to recreate this Emily Blunt updo. Emily likes a good old plait but I could never do them as neat as her!

 

Now this next hairstyle is my go-to braid at the minute! By French braiding across the forehead, by gathering hair as you go, my fringe is secured into plait which is perfect for the gym. I then gather this plait into a ponytail, I just love it! For an everyday look this can also be gathered into a messy bun, this is best when hair is a few days old. (This is when dry shampoo is your best friend!!).

Another take is to plait two braids either side of the head and pull into a ponytail. These braids can be either dutch or french, both will make your gym look even quirkier. 



I always like to google celebrity red carpet braids as they are the most intricate and beautiful ever. It also makes me want to have a hair stylist! The fishtail modelled by Blake Lively is a cute hairstyle which does take time and looks better with longer hair. Braids can be styled with whatever they like, they will never go out of fashion, we will just keep making new braids! 

What's your favourite braid?

Love Em
xxxxx


About Doctor Who GEEK

Organic Theme. We published High quality Blogger Templates with Awesome Design for blogspot lovers.The very first Blogger Templates Company where you will find Responsive Design Templates.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Travels of a Doctor Who GEEK!

Designed by Templatezy