Saturday 20 August 2016

Pleated Chiffon Skirt / Collaboration with Walker-makeup

Posted By: Doctor Who GEEK - 02:30:00

Share

& Comment

Now I have never done a collaboration with anyone but this was a perfect opportunity! My gorgeous friend, Kirsty, is incredibly talented and has qualifications in Theatre Make-up and prosthetics. I had recently bought a skirt which was gorgeous and I thought up a brilliant idea to do a photoshoot with my outfit, Kirsty's make-up and her amazing photography skills. So we did it! It was an eventful day, as you will see further down, but I just wanted to show off her incredible skills. She does not get enough credit for what she does, which is why I wanted to collab with her. Kirsty offers her skills for specific events such as weddings, Halloween but also everyday party make-up! I will share her Facebook link below so please go give her a like and message her if you are interested in what she does. Not only is she talented in Make-up but Kirsty has a very artistic eye and has made cakes and prints for sale too, so go and have a look at what she gets up to. 


Now onto the beautiful photo shots that we got throughout our session:

So firstly my pleated chiffon skirt was actually in the New Look sale and was a great bargain I had picked up in Brighton before I came home! There are a variety of pleated skirts, whether in maxi form or shorter in lots of shops such as New Look, Primark and Topshop, so I had to get my hands on one. I had got it as a smart skirt for work actually but its so fitting to this type of weather. I paired it with this white crop top from Bershka, also picked up in Brighton. 


Our location for the photos is Coalhouse Fort in Tilbury, Essex. Its one of those locations that you get taken to as a child as it has so much history and heritage. Like it says in the title, there is a main fort but it has beautiful grounds which you can walk around. Luckily Kirsty had been to this location before for her own photoshoot so knew the best places to go to. The sun was shining and everything was perfect.... until the end....but we shall talk about that later.


With my sensitive eyes and the sun shining, my eye make-up is not given justice by these photos! Kirsty picked out pink and golden colours to really go with my skirt. She upped the shimmers and highlighters and the sun caught these spots beautifully! Now I do suffer with my skin but she is so amazing and covered it all up perfectly, these photos have not got any filters on them!


I wanted to show what kind of accessories could be paired with this outfit. I love my leather jacket and its just beautiful with this skirt. This day was pretty hot but luckily I put it on in the shade. I painted my nails in an ombre coral style with extra glitter! In terms of jewellery I am wearing a choker, rose gold necklace, rose gold bangle, rose gold ring and a pandora ring. I feel rose gold or silver would look beautiful with this skirt. As seen in a photo above I paired this look with two different shoes; my trusty rose gold shoes featured in most of my posts and these pink tasseled shoes from Primark. 


Now we get onto the best bit of the blog post that I think everyone is looking forward to. As we walked down to the beach, we got our shots in the shade and this cute "Havin fun?" one. We ventured round this building until we got to a slightly sandy and muddy looking ground. There was some cool wooden beams that Kirsty wanted me to go and stand over by. We cautiously walked over to the posts and posed some more. However, as I came away my foot went ankle deep into mud. I actually didn't know what to do. Kirsty was crying with laughter, I moved another inch and my foot had come out of my shoe. I had to go back and pick up my mud eaten shoe and leg it out of the mud holding onto my skirt. Unfortunately my skirt, feet and shoes got muddy in the process whilst Kirsty was still cry laughing at me. As I was driving us home, I had somehow got to get this mud off of my feet so we walked to a lake (I was barefoot). All this time Kirsty was taking photos of me to get proof. Now this is definitely a 'have to be there moment' but have some photographical evidence....


I just want to say a big thank you to Kirsty for an amazing day. My make-up was absolutely gorgeous and photos came out so good. I couldn't include them all in this blog so if you have me on Facebook I will upload them there. I also want to give a big thank you to Kirsty's Mummy Lynn, who did an excellent job of cleaning my new pink shoes and wiping the mud off of my skirt! Both are as good as new! The extent us bloggers go to to get good shots hey! I hope you all enjoyed this post whether it was for the outfit or for the eventful mud part! 

Please go check out 'Walker make-up' on Facebook and give it a like from me!

Thank you for reading. Stay out of the mud lads!

Love Em
xxx

About Doctor Who GEEK

Organic Theme. We published High quality Blogger Templates with Awesome Design for blogspot lovers.The very first Blogger Templates Company where you will find Responsive Design Templates.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Travels of a Doctor Who GEEK!

Designed by Templatezy