Monday 12 October 2015

Doctor Who Review - Before the Flood

Posted By: Doctor Who GEEK - 02:00:00

Share

& Comment

So.. Episode 4 Before the Flood aired on Saturday and it was another brilliant end to a two-parter. I'm starting to like this two-parter thing. Here comes another review, so if you have not seen the episode then I believe you should stop reading here... (SPOILERS ALERT).


The episode starts off with the Doctor explaining the 'Bootstrap Paradox' which obviously gives you a heads up with what happens in the episode. Rewatching it back and reading theories cleared it up for me but listening to the Doctor explaining it in the first episode confused me so much! When the Doctor whipped out his guitar again I cried a little inside, definitely thought not again. However, the ramped up version of the Doctor Who theme tune was pretty epic. Many people on Twitter noticed the Magpie electrials for the amp (which I did not - I don't seem to be very observant) and the squirrel sitting on the amp. Very clever reference from the previous 2 parter, nice one and cleverly hidden. Do people think that the Magpie electrical's thing is a coincidence, will something come out of this or is it just a simple reference about the previous Magpie? 


I loved the little references to Harold Saxon, Amy and Rose. Most people got the relation between Prentis and David Walliams' character Gibbis in the God Complex. Researching this I actually found out that Toby Whithouse actually wrote that episode and this 2-parter. The whole Clara facetiming the Doctor Who was actually quite funny and I love that the Doctor is up with the technology. 


The development of the character of Cass was brilliant. Her dependency on Lunn was expressed so much during the previous episode which is why this vulnerability was really gripping. The scene where she obviously can't hear the ghost coming up behind her, but she feels the vibrations, is a really 'shouting at the TV moment'.  


Clara has always seemed to bring up the whole 'don't leave me Doctor' which is why I feel like this is how she will go out. I think it might be a brutal exit where the Doctor abandons her. 

Moving onto next week though, MAISIE WILLIAMS. I have been waiting so long for her episodes to air, it will be so good. I have gathered now that the whole of series 9 will be two-parters which I think is a cool idea and different.

So I was wondering whether or not to write 1 review after every episode or 1 review after every two-parter, message me what you think!

For people who don't know - my Twitter account is @doctorwhogeek17

Thanks for reading 

Em 
xxxx

(All photos are taken from the BBC website - copyright BBC)

About Doctor Who GEEK

Organic Theme. We published High quality Blogger Templates with Awesome Design for blogspot lovers.The very first Blogger Templates Company where you will find Responsive Design Templates.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Travels of a Doctor Who GEEK!

Designed by Templatezy