Saturday 30 April 2016

Birthday Make-up - MAC

Posted By: Doctor Who GEEK - 02:30:00

Share

& Comment


For my Birthday I got some new MAC pieces which I used for my birthday make-up in the evening. My MAC collection is ever so slowly growing as I just love picking out my favourite shades of items. My sister bought me my first MAC lipstick and I am in love. Below I have swatched all my MAC eyeshadows and tell you which ones I used on my birthday make-up...

4 palette piece


Now the swatches don't come out great in this light but I can reassure you that they are beautifully pigmented colours. Starting top left is 'Grain' which is a subtle beige colour and great for a base. On my hand you can barely see it... The next colour is 'Patina' which is a brown colour that I pair with Grain to create an everyday look before I ventured out to new styles. This is the first of the three colours that you can see. Underneath is everyones favourite 'Amber Lights'. This gorgeous colour is highly pigmented and is ideal to pair with my next eyeshadow 'Antiqued'. In the Autumn time these shadows were the only ones I ever used!!

Birthday eyeshadows


These gorgeous colours are the newest in the collection and were the base to my Birthday make-up. The bottom colour is in 'Star Violet' which is similar to the next one up 'Cranberry' - which is why they are great to pair together. I love the purple shimmer colours. Lastly is 'Coppering' which is similar to 'Amber lights' but has more of an orangey undertone. 

Lipstick




I am no longer a MAC lipstick virgin, yay! But that only means that I will start trying more. I love my lipstick range outside of MAC but everyone raves about these lipsticks the most. My sister got me  'Twig' which was one on my wishlist. She wanted to play it safe just in case I didn't like the others. It is quite similar to everyones favourite 'Velvet teddy' but I wanted to be different. It is a Satin and quite matte but very beautiful. Reminds me of my Rosie for Autograph lippy in 'Lady Rose'.

I put together this look by using a white shimmer from Sleek's 'All night long' palette, with 'Star Violet' in the middle and 'Cranberry' in the outer corner of my eye. I also have the 'Twig' lipstick on which is just gorgeous. 


Hope you liked my Birthday make-up. Do you have a MAC collection?

Love Em
xxx

About Doctor Who GEEK

Organic Theme. We published High quality Blogger Templates with Awesome Design for blogspot lovers.The very first Blogger Templates Company where you will find Responsive Design Templates.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Travels of a Doctor Who GEEK!

Designed by Templatezy