Saturday 28 November 2015

Brighton Convention 2015

Posted By: Doctor Who GEEK - 02:30:00

Share

& Comment

I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since the convention, how crazy? On the 7th/8th November Brighton held its first ever convention and luckily, currently living only 20 minutes away, was the quickiest and cheapest one I have ever attended. Despite only a handful of guests and attending alone it was a very chilled out and enjoyable weekend. So here's what happened...


Saturday

So I plucked up the courage and went over to Jeff Rawle (Harry Potter star). He was rather lovely, as was all the guests I met over the weekend. We spoke about being in contact with any of the other Harry Potter stars and he said that he sees Dan Radcliffe all the time at his singing teachers :') 










Then I went over to see the ever so gorgeous Tom Wlaschiha. I asked him what was his favourite ever thing to film and he said of course Game of Thrones. He said that they are still filming until December! Then I asked him for a photo and I got this lovely funny selfie >> I said to him that I would see him later for his photoshoot.






Then I was very lucky enough to meet this legend again - John Hurt. He lovingly signed my friends poster, even though he questioned what the silver pen would come out like. He decided that it did look good in the end though.




This was the lovely photoshoot that I had with Tom later that day.
Sunday 

 
On the Sunday I made a very quick decision to meet Luke Barnes from Game of Thrones. He seemed too lovely for me to not go up to. He definitely didn't disappoint, if he's at your next convention definitely speak to him. This day seemed to be the best day to go as I literally had like 10 minutes with each guest which I have never had before. The guests were so interested in what I am doing at university and was just so nice to have an actual conversation. I always get nervous talking to people, especially by myself, but they made me feel at ease. 


My next guest was Simon Callow. I was nervous about meeting him in particular as he seems such a restricted character. However, he was so nice that I felt comfortable about asking him anything. Apparently he hadn't watched Doctor Who before and his episode was the first one had watched. When I had the photo with him, he commented on my phone case and said that he liked it - it was a rose gold flowered case (how cute!). Another one to add to the Doctor Who collection.







  

Now this lovely chap was the whole reason why I went to the convention in the first place. Mr Samuel Anderson. I absolutely loved him, he definitely didn't disappoint me and I had a really long conversation. We talked about Doctor Who to Teaching to him calling me Miss Potts. Such a laidback dude, definitely one of my favourite guests! He even drew me a map which I videoed and is included in my convention down below.

 


My photoshoots from this day included Samuel Anderson and Tom (again) as I just couldn't resist. I went for the hug poses as I wanted something different and I love them. 


Now if you've been to conventions before then you know that there are many stalls and a lot of merchandise. Luckily I reigned it in and bought 3 Pop Funkos- Mater, Alien Stitch and Normal stitch (yes I do have an obsession with Stitch) and a Harry Potter diadem necklace (I got so many compliments the next day via some of the guests). 

I had such a wonderful time and even made a video of my travels
Thank you for reading and see you in my next blog 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE5yfUKWri4

Love Em
xxx

About Doctor Who GEEK

Organic Theme. We published High quality Blogger Templates with Awesome Design for blogspot lovers.The very first Blogger Templates Company where you will find Responsive Design Templates.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Travels of a Doctor Who GEEK!

Designed by Templatezy