Thursday 10 December 2015

Heaven Sent Review

Posted By: Doctor Who GEEK - 02:30:00

Share

& Comment

For the first part of the finale this was a really confusing episode. I feel that I found it more interesting the first time I watched it as the second time round I knew what was going to happen. However, I did like this episode because of seeing the twelfth Doctor by himself. So here's my review....




I like how throughout the episode the Doctor has to talk to himself which shows his loneliness. However, he does constantly talk as if he is talking to Clara - "I will find you, I will never stop". He even talks to a door at one moment - he's got desperate. The setting is quite sinister, the old looking castle but with new TV screens that watch you. The monster reminds me and probably many others of the Dementors in Harry Potter. I like the added effect of fly's showing up before the monster arrives. GROSS. You get cute sentiments for Clara throughout the episode such as the painting. But the painting is old and flaking, this questions who made it? Why is it old? This is later to be proved that the Doctor has been in this place for 4.5 billion years. 


When the Doctor goes to the bedroom he starts being clever. This scene reminds me of Sherlock, the way he drops things and pushes a stool out of a window to see how long it takes to fall. I also love the mini scenes in the TARDIS to show the Doctor's inner thought and how fast he thinks things through. He still needs the help of Clara to figure things out. After the falling scene you see the fireplace where his clothes are hung. This makes you question whose waiting for him? and why does he put them back in the same position? He believes he is not the only person who has been in here, but in fact it is just himself repeating the steps over and over again. 


I love the fact the place is meant to scare him into telling his deepest secrets just in order to escape. He finally makes it to the ice in which he knows the only way he will get out is by punching it. One question though - why couldn't he have used the shovel? In this episode the Doctor becomes quite vulnerable and you see his grief for the death of Clara. She finally tells him to "Get up off your arse and win!". Cheeky Clara. This photo above actually came out whilst they were filming this episode. I think I was actually just coming back from Cardiff when this was being filmed!


Another question is, didn't the Doctor give the confession dial back to Ashildr? so how did he get it back? He finally breaks into Gallifrey and uses the term "he has come the long way round" - this has more meaning when you watch the next episode which shows his reasoning for "coming the long way round". The whole hybrid business starts to become quite confusing but this is explained further in the next episode. 

Hell Bent review will be up on Saturday! Hope you enjoyed and please let me know your thoughts on the episode.

Love Em
xxxx 

About Doctor Who GEEK

Organic Theme. We published High quality Blogger Templates with Awesome Design for blogspot lovers.The very first Blogger Templates Company where you will find Responsive Design Templates.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Travels of a Doctor Who GEEK!

Designed by Templatezy